Sometimes what we need to hear is some supportive words that can lift up our spirit and mood so we can get through the storm that is raging on inside of us. It really is not fun having a mental illness. Many of us don’t choose to live with it, we just can’t avoid it. Since May is the Mental Health Awareness Month, I think it is just great to share some inspirational quotes about mental illness that will help you cope with your condition.
The Best Inspirational Quotes for
Someone with Mental Illness
If you live with mental health problems, it’s easy to feel alone. Sometimes, it seems that no one knows what you’re going through, and help — or even just someone who cares about you — is impossible to find. Ironically, of course, many of us live with — or have experienced — mental disorders such as anxiety disorders and depression.
Hopefully by reading these inspirational and supporting words, I can brighten up your day a little.
1. “When GOD has already defined you as His and purposed by Him, no mental illness can change that!” — Britney Moses
2. “What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” — Glenn Close
3. “Your days are like pages, the chapters unread; you have to keep turning, your book has no end.” — “Glass Hearts” By of Mice and Men
4. “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” — OVID
5. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
6. “I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion you want, and do what makes you happy.” — Demi Lovato
7. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Amy March from “Little Women” By Louisa May Alcott
8. “In the middle of winter I at last discover that there was in me an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus from “Return to Tipasa
9. “There’s only us. There’s only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way, no day but today.” — Rent, “No Day But Today”
10. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde from “An Ideal Husband”
11. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churcill.
12. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” — Charles Bukowski from “Gamblers All”
13. “You are valuable just because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.” — Max Lucado from “No Wonder They Call Him The Savior”
14. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Fredrick Douglas from His “West India Emancipation”
15. “I believed in my capacity to stand back up and run into the waves again and again, no matter the risk.” — Terry Tempest Williams from “When Women Were Birds: Fifty Four Variations On Voice”
16. “I wish it need not have happened in my time,’ said Frodo. ‘So do I, said Gandalf, ‘and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” — J.R.R. Tolkien from The Fellowship of The Ring”
17. “Promise me you’ll always remember
— you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
— Christopher Robin from Winnie The Pooh
18. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” — Dr. Seuss from The Lorax
19. “You are a child of the universe, no less than the tress and the stars; you have the right to be here.” — Max Ehrmann from “Desirerata: A Poem For A Way Of Life”
20. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” –— Elisabeth Kubler-Ross from “Death: Final Stage of Growth”
21. “Even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there.” — Charlie from “The Perks Of Being A Wallflower”
22. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” — Saint Francis of Assi
23. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” — Douglas Adams from The Long Dark Tea-Time Of The Soul
24. “Your illness is not your identity. Your chemistry is not your character.” — Pastor Rick Warren
25. “You are not alone”
There you go my friends. Those are selected inspirational quotes for celebrating Mental Health Awareness month and I hope they help you to feel better about yourself.
Please let me know in the comment below which quotes do you like or if you have a favorite quote you would like to share. I would really appreciate that! 🙂 I have highlighted my favorite ones.
Stay safe, happy and healthy!
I support MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting the work I put on this site!
We Stress Free does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. However, if you need someone to talk to and want to make friends, please feel free to reach me at email@example.com. If you would like to REDUCE your STRESS and are interested to do an ONLINE THERAPY, you can do so here.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. ALWAYS consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.
Thank you for reading: Inspirational Quotes: MENTAL ILLNESS